Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”  He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17:19-20 NRSV
Before we are able to move the mountains in our lives, we must first acknowledge these mountains.
When we live in denial of what we are struggling with or having a hard time overcoming, we get stuck, settle, and are never able to do the impossible God is ready to help us achieve.
Join Russ and friends as they discuss the new article, “A Holiday of Faith,” and acknowledge the mountains they themselves have been denying in order to move forward toward achieving the impossible with God.
If you’d like to email the show, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew 17:19-20 NRSV Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”  He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
- John 6:28-29 NRSV Then they said to him, “What must we do to perform the works of God?”  Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”
- James 5:17-18 TPT Elijah was a man with human frailties, just like all of us, but he prayed and received supernatural answers. He actually shut the heavens over the land so there would be no rain for three and a half years!  Then he prayed again and the skies opened up over the land so that the rain came again and produced the harvest.
- Habakkuk 3:2 NIV Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.
- Romans 4:19-21 NIV Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead.  Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,  being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
- Psalm 5:3 NIV In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
- James 4:3 NIV When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
- Acts 17:26-28 NLT “From one man he created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand when they should rise and fall, and he determined their boundaries. “His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him—though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”