A devotional is an in-depth Bible study. A typical devotional should take you anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to complete. Download and print a PDF version of this devotional for yourself, or use it with a friend to create an engaging discussion.
How is the world going to change in the next decade and how are you meant to change it?
The world around us is constantly changing. Technology is developing at a rapid rate and connecting us socially and economically with the entire world. There is no doubt that this world is changing, but it is up to each of us to decide and influence how it changes. Will it change for the better or the worse?
We are part of a generation that must rise up and influence the world to change for the good. God calls us and guides us to impact the world around us, to overcome any darkness and be the light of faith, hope, and love that this world needs. Will you step up to be a part of this rising generation?[powerkit_toc title=”Table of Contents” depth=”2″ min_count=”4″ min_characters=”1000″]
God works through generations
A prayer of Moses, God’s prophet: Lord, you have always been our eternal home, our hiding place from generation to generation.Psalm 90:1 (TPT)
- God thinks “generation to generation.” He doesn’t think the change should all stop in one generation.
- He is constantly working with and guiding each generation, including ours, to change the world.
Help us to remember that our days are numbered,Psalm 90:12 (TPT)
and help us to interpret our lives correctly.
Set your wisdom deeply in our hearts
so that we may accept your correction.
- It’s important for us to make the most of our lives, but it’s easy to misinterpret what is going on in them. It’s hard to understand why we are experiencing the bad or good happening in and around us.
- God helps us interpret and understand, “what” is going on and “why.”
- God gives us our purpose, identity and helps us interpret our lives correctly. And God’s Word equips us to do every good work with whatever life throws at us (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- “Correction” is about “training,” through which God makes us into someone greater than what we already are.
- Are you allowing God to correct you and train you?
God gets us beyond the darkness
Let the sunrise of your love end our dark night.Psalm 90:14 (TPT)
Break through our clouded dawn again!
Only you can satisfy our hearts,
filling us with songs of joy to the end of our days.
- Do you have a hard time having vision because dark nights have come? Have your faith and vision been replaced with doubt and cynicism?
- You may be going through a challenging loss, lost dreams, lost health, or lost hope.
- You may be tempted to chase after greed, envy, money, pleasure and whatever the world around you is offering – but these won’t bring satisfaction.
- We need to get purpose, intimacy, and hope from God. These drive us, motivate us and bring lasting satisfaction.
- In order to change the decade ahead, we must get our identity straight from God – who you are, why you’re here, what you are meant to do.
- Where do you go instead of God to find satisfaction? What decisions can you make to find satisfaction and your identity from God?
We’ve been overwhelmed with grief;Psalm 90:15 (TPT)
come now and overwhelm us with gladness.
Replace our years of trouble with decades of delight.
- The decade ahead is not going to be our “Final Decade.” It’s going to be the best one we have ever had and set the table for the decades ahead.
- God is setting us up for decades of delight!
Allow God to work with you
Let us see your miracles again, and let the rising generationPsalm 90:16 (TPT)
see the glorious wonders you’re famous for.
- The rising generation is made up of the young and old, anyone alive today. Together we form the rising generation! This generation will change the world by working together!
O Lord our God, let your sweet beauty rest upon usPsalm 90:17 (TPT)
and give us favor.
Come work with us, and then our works will endure,
and give us success in all we do.
- We all have to get to a point with God where we say, “Come work with us.” Not few of us. All of us.
- God will give us success when we all allow him to work in our lives and decide to not quit when it gets tough. God will give us the strength to endure through anything and more than that…”Give us success in all we do.”
- Have you resisted allowing God to work with you and guide you? Why?
- Identify where you have been afraid to allow God to work with you and decide to have a faith that allows him to work with with you so you can be part of the rising generation.