My guilt has overwhelmed me; like a load it weighs me down.Psalm 38:4 NCV
Guilt is the enemy of intimacy.
When we don’t deal with our guilt, it can feel like a load that weighs us down, and often overwhelms us. Rather than driving us to relationships, it can be easy to allow guilt to isolate us and drive us away from our friends.
Guilt gets in the way of us being intimate with God and with people and makes us seek help somewhere other than relationships. God wants to help us be close to him and our friends, but to do so we must resolve our hearts of guilt.
Join Russ and friends as they discuss the importance of valuing intimate relationships over avoiding guilt.
If you’d like to email the show, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 John 3:19,21-24 Voice There is a sure way for us to know that we belong to the truth. Even though our inner thoughts may condemn us with storms of guilt and constant reminders of our failures, we can know in our hearts that in His presence God Himself is greater than any accusation. He knows all things.  My loved ones, if our hearts cannot condemn us, then we can stand with confidence before God.  Whatever we may ask, we receive it from Him because we follow His commands and take the path that pleases Him.  His command is clear: believe in the name of His Son, Jesus the Anointed, and love one another as He commanded.  The one who follows His teaching and walks this path lives in an intimate relationship with God. How do we know that He lives in us? By the gift of His Spirit.
- Psalm 38:4 NCV My guilt has overwhelmed me; like a load it weighs me down.
- Psalm 51:9-10 NCV Turn your face from my sins and wipe out all my guilt. Create in me a pure heart, God, and make my spirit right again.
- Proverbs 19:22 NIV What a person desires is unfailing love; better to be poor than a liar.
- Hebrews 12:11 NIV No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
- Psalm 51:8-10, 12 NIrV Let me hear you say, “Your sins are forgiven.” That will bring me joy and gladness. Let the body you have broken be glad.  Take away all my sins. Wipe away all the evil things I’ve done.  God, create a pure heart in me. Give me a new spirit that is faithful to you.  Give me back the joy that comes from being saved by you. Give me a spirit that obeys you so that I will keep going.