When you think of God as a father, this can stir up different feelings for all of us based on the feelings we have towards our own fathers, for some comfort & joy, for others pain & bitterness.
It’s important to understand God is a father who’s in a category all by himself. Check out the following scriptures to learn about how God is a perfect father.
He’s a father who never leaves
 Don’t be obsessed with money but live content with what you have, for you always have God’s presence. For hasn’t he promised you, “I will never leave you alone, never! And I will not loosen my grip on your life!”  So we can say with great confidence: “I know the Lord is for me and I will never be afraid of what people may do to me!”Hebrews 13:5-6 TPT
- God is always there for you. He is the only one you can count on to be there no matter how old, how young or where you end up in life. He will never leave you.
He’s a father who thinks about your future
 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
- God has vision and direction for your life. He wants to lead you to a good future.
He’s a father who wants to be close
 You have surrounded me on every side, behind me and before me, and You have placed Your hand gently on my shoulder.  It is the most amazing feeling to know how deeply You know me, inside and out; the realization of it is so great that I cannot comprehend it.Psalm 139:5-6 Voice
- God is always interested in spending time with you and wants to know everything about you – inside and out!
He’s a father who values you
6-7“What is the value of your soul to God? Could your worth be defined by an amount of money? God doesn’t abandon or forget even the small sparrow he has made. How then could he forget or abandon you? What about the seemingly minor issues of your life? Do they matter to God? Of course they do! So you never need to worry, for you are more valuable to God than anything else in this world.Luke 12:6-7 TPT
- God thinks you’re worth it! He will never forget about you and your needs.
He’s a father who wants to teach and train you
 Let God train you, for he is doing what any loving father does for his children. Whoever heard of a son who was never corrected?  If God doesn’t punish you when you need it, as other fathers punish their sons, then it means that you aren’t really God’s son at all-that you don’t really belong in his family.  Since we respect our fathers here on earth, though they punish us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to God’s training so that we can begin really to live?Hebrews 12:7-9 TLB
- God is always trying to train you. Helping you to grow and transform into the person you want to be.
- Seeing God as a father is how you can start to build a deeper, more personal relationship with God.
- Is God a Father you want to be close to?
- What can you do this week to spend more time with God?
- If you wanna learn more on how to connect more intimately with God check out our studies at DeepSpirituality
And don’t forget to subscribe to our channel to learn more about who God is.