Listen on your favorite app:
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience], and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides continually in him.1 John 4:16 AMP
We need to come to know God through personal experience.
If we don’t make the effort to make our relationship with God personal, we end up becoming “zombie Christians”—people who go through the motions without much heart. As “zombie Christians,” we lack the spiritual power that enables us to faithfully conquer the everyday challenges we face.
Check out our newest Mini Quiet Time to learn more about how to make your relationship with God personal.
- How to Make Your Relationship with God Personal
- 1 John 4:16 AMP We have come to know [by personal observation and experience], and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides continually in him.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 NIV …having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
- Isaiah 29:13 CEV The Lord has said: “These people praise me with their words, but they never really think about me. They worship me by repeating rules made up by humans.
- Mark 12:30 EASY “You should love the Lord, your God completely: Love him with all your mind. Love him with all that you are. Love him in all that you think and all that you do.”
- Galatians 5:26 MSG That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.
- Streetlights Audio Bible
- Psalm 5:3 TPT At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart.