A lot of people are searching for hope right now, and we can find that hope if we look at Jesus. Jesus wanted the church to be built on hope. In this episode, we learn how to build a church on hope the way Jesus did—by cultivating purpose, humility, endurance, impact, and inspiration. Check out this episode of One Quick Thought to learn more about how Jesus changed the world.
- Luke 19:9-10 ERV Jesus said, “Today is the day for this family to be saved from sin. Yes, even this tax collector is one of God’s chosen people.  The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them.”
- Thirty Years That Changed the World: The Book Acts for Today
- “If it can help us to understand afresh the Gospel these early Christians preached, the methods they employed, the spiritual characteristics they displayed, the extent to which they were prepared to think their message through, and the light of contemporary thought forms, to proclaim it to the utmost of their power, to live it and to die for or it, then a study such as this might, perhaps, be of some service toward recalling the church in our own day to her primary task.”
- Evangelism in the Early Church
- Acts 2:36-38 NLT “So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!”  Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”  Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”